Self-driving cars are a central part of our vision for reducing individual car ownership, creating safer streets, and alleviating congestion. Alongside providing on-demand options for shared rides, electric bikes, scooters, and transit, self-driving cars in the Lyft app provide another way for people to get around reliably without needing to own a car.
One year ago, we launched our public self-driving program in Las Vegas with our partner Aptiv. In August 2018, we surpassed 5,000 self-driving rides. Today, we’re thrilled to announce that we have provided over 50,000 self-driving rides to Lyft passengers, which makes Lyft and Aptiv the largest commercial self-driving program in the US.
We always strive to provide the best experience and listen closely to feedback. So far, we’ve been very pleased with what we’ve heard from our passengers taking a self-driving ride with us in Las Vegas.
- The average ride rating is 4.97 out of 5 stars
- 92% of riders felt very safe or extremely safe during the ride
- For 95% of riders, this was the first time taking a self-driving ride
- One rider has taken 14 self-driving rides!
Check out a few of the post-ride reactions:
- “The future is now.”
- “We absolutely loved our autonomous ride. Thank you for doing what you’re doing to help reduce the carbon footprint and increase safety!”
- “Great ride. Fascinating technology. First time in an autonomous vehicle and very safe.”
Our partnership with Aptiv is another step towards reshaping cities around people, not cars, and we’re thrilled for you to be a part of this transportation revolution. The next time you’re in Las Vegas, make sure to open the Lyft app to take a self-driving ride and let us know what you think! Your feedback is helping shape the future of transportation.